This is a test...

| |

This blog will be documentation of my insanity filled decision to get the hell out of Dodge, drive to San Francisco and chase my dreams; my dreams of course - to attend pastry school. 24 hours from now, I'll be driving somewhere across the Nevada desert, car packed with the bare essentials, on my way to the Bay Area and no idea what to expect.

Since moving out of my condo a week ago, I've been in a transient state, not quite feeling like I have a home base in which to ground myself. I find myself waking up, not quite sure of where I am. Once I look around and see everything I own assembled in boxes and bins, it makes sense. Needless to say, sleep has been kicked down a few notches for me lately. My mind is all over the place and the sleep I do get is less than restful. Last night in particular, I recall a dream in which I flew to Belgium in pursuit of the perfect cupcake. Once the highly touted confection was found, I was much disappointed to learn it consisted of nothing more than a Hostess-like hockey puck topped with a preformed and neon-colored mound of marshmallow. It was as if the Oompa Loompas had been held hostage in an oven filled labor camp and were forced to create these hideous substandard goodies.

Strange dreams and last day of preparations have me both nervous and excited to see what awaits me by the bay. San Francisco, here I come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

test

Anonymous said...

I'm proud to be the first to comment on your great site! We even have similar writing styles.

pwpassion said...

Let's see if this works..

Klisty said...

Good Luck Rach!!!! Keep us updated on your new adventure!!!

Post a Comment